For over 30 years, we've known how to make technical clothing that keeps you dry, warm and comfortable. Now our mission is to develop the technical clothing of the future, with a focus on finding new materials and solutions that are sustainable both for us users and the planet. Now we are also making it easier for you to make a conscious choice when you shop for Tierrakläder through the Conscious Choice symbol.
We put the symbol on products that we are particularly proud of from a sustainability perspective. We are also constantly raising the bar for what we call Conscious Choice as we develop new solutions. At the moment Conscious Choice is on garments that are made in:
- Recycled synthetic materials
- Bio-based synthetic materials
- Bluesign® approved material
- Alternatives to conventional cotton, such as organic cotton, TENCEL™ Lyocell and hemp
- Are locally produced (Scandinavia and the Baltics)
- Has fluorocarbon-free impregnation, also called FC free DWR
- Reduces the environmental footprint during the use of the product
In order for us to label a product with Conscious Choice, it needs to meet at least two of the above criteria.
Always at Tierra
There are also conscious choices that are a matter of course for us and that do not automatically give a product the Conscious Choice symbol:
- Mulesing-free wool
- A PFOA- and PFOS-free DWR choice
- We do not use biocides (antibacterial treatment with silver ions)
- Chemical anti-mosquito treatment (Permethrin)